Ending Poverty Together Bootcamp
Date(s) - 16/11/2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
South Abbotsford Church
A bit about the bootcamp:
Have you ever been troubled by the homeless person begging for coins on the street corner, or media images of starving children in Africa? Do you find yourself thinking, “This problem is too overwhelming and unsolvable! What could I possibly do to make a difference?”
We want to invite you to join with others in exploring the big questions about poverty with the real hope of creating tangible solutions.
Food for the Hungry is offering an interactive, one-day workshop in your area on November 16th that is specifically designed for you and everyone concerned with issues of poverty and justice.
At the workshop, you can expect to…
· engage with an interactive, multi-media learning environment
· have your assumptions about poverty challenged
· connect with like-minded individuals
· explore God’s response to poverty, and develop your own personal response (hint: it’s not money!)
· dig into the root causes of poverty, and explore solutions together
We plan to roll up our sleeves, ask the hard questions, examine our own assumptions and practices, and transform our approach to poverty.
Facilitator: Shelaine Strom, Manager of Education for Food for the Hungry Canada
Cost: $25 and includes snacks and lunch
Learn more and register at www.fhcanada.org/Education
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 604-853-4262 / 1-800-667-0605