Journey Home Community periodically hosts training seminars and workshops for volunteers and partner organisations.
Refugee Support—Basic Training
This workshop offers basic training for Journey Home Community Volunteers and Groups/Churches partnering with us to create Communities of Welcome for Refugee Claimants.
Topics Covered in Training:
- Introduction to the refugee community
- Canada’s refugee protection system
- Accompaniment and support for refugee families
- Experiencing the refugee journey
- Building healthy and supportive relationships
- Creating Communities of Welcome for Refugee Claimants