Website The Canadian Conference of MB Churches (CCMBC)
The Canadian Conference of MB Churches (CCMBC) is the national Conference for MB Churches in Canada. CCMBC exists to resource its churches through partnerships with six provincial conferences in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. This Canadian Conference has also established national agencies whose joint mission is to provide services to Canadian MB Churches. The national agencies are MB Seminary, Legacy, and Multiply. Furthermore, CCMBC offers services and resources through its internal departments, such as the Centre for MB Studies and Kindred Productions.
CCMBC seeks its next National Director to help our family of 230+ churches move closer to our shared mission/vision: “to cultivate a community and culture of healthy disciple-making churches, faithfully joining Jesus in his mission.” This mission/vision is to be accomplished through collaboration and shared participation in our Collaborative Unified Strategic Plan (CUSP), which desires “healthy disciple-making churches” that are:
- Growing in spiritual and theological health
- Developing excellent leaders
- Pursuing local and global mission together
- Becoming more organizationally healthy.
The National Director is a committed disciple of Jesus who serves as an ambassador representing CCMBC inside and outside our CCMBC community of churches and agencies. The National Director must, therefore…
- Be willing to embody and live out with integrity a spiritual life, theology, character, and mission that aligns with CCMBC’s mission/vision, the MB Confession of Faith, and the MB Code of Personal and Ministry Ethics.
- Be (or willing to become at the time of hiring) a credentialed MB leader and an active member in a local MB church in good standing with its provincial MB conference.
This type of management role necessarily requires a highly relational, team-oriented, results-focused servant leader with a commitment to and skills that fit this collaborative leadership model.
Role Priorities of the National Director:
- Promote CCMBC’s mission/vision “to cultivate a community and culture of healthy disciple-making churches and ministries, faithfully joining Jesus in his mission.”
- Serve the purposes and goals of CCMBC as articulated by the Executive Board and affirmed by the National Assembly
- Serve under the leadership and accountability of the Executive Board who embodies the collective will of the National Assembly.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Board to establish and implement agreed-upon annual goals and outcomes.
- Responsible for the financial operation of CCMBC within the authority and limits described in the CCMBC’s Governance Manual (GP 3-1,3-2).
- Has primary responsibility for successfully implementing the Collaborative Unified Strategic Plan, working with all the partners to fulfill CCMBC’s larger mission.
- Lead the National Ministry Team in its mandate “to enable collaborative leadership actions among the senior staff of all Member Organizations in implementing the Collaborative Unified Strategic Plan” (CCMBC GOB 10.2).
- Work collaboratively with the National Faith & Life Director and the CCMBC Legacy Fund Inc. Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop, oversee, evaluate, and manage the CCMBC staff team consistent with the approved CCMBC Employee Manual—to fulfill the Conference’s mission, vision, and goals of the Conference.
For a full job description, click here.
To learn more about CCMBC, visit our website.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the Search Team Chair, Michael Dick at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is September 30, 2023, or until the position is filled. The start date is negotiable.
To apply for this job please visit mbchurches.ca .