Website Pacific Academy
Child and Youth Care Worker Position
Pacific Academy is looking for qualified individuals for a part-time Child and Youth Care Worker position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Inclusive Education Team and broader school community
- Assist teachers in supporting students with at-risk behaviors and/or mental health conditions
- Provides individual and/or small group support to foster motivation in learning, build confidence, promote self-esteem and teach strategies
- Provides targeted support to students with social, emotional and behavioral concerns
- Monitors student behavior through observations over time, making adjustments as needed and documenting observational data
- Provides support in the areas of crisis intervention and safety plans
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful completion of the Child/Youth Care Worker Diploma or Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience working with at-risk youth
- Successful completion of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (an asset)
Child and Youth Care Worker (CYCW) Job Description
- Work under the direction of School Principal
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all members of the educational team
- In collaboration with appropriate school staff, attend SBT and ICM meetings when deemed appropriate
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Child and Youth Care Worker, and how that role fits in the broader school community
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information according to PIPPA
- Follow appropriate protocols to report disclosures of child abuse
- Provide targeted support to students with social, emotional and behavioural concerns
- Use current research-based, best practices when implementing a program of support
- Support students in working towards IEP goals for caseload students
- Provide individual and/or small group support to foster motivation in learning , build confidence, promote self-esteem and teach strategies
- Consult with classroom teachers and school counselors regarding positive behaviour support plan strategies
- Maintain documentation of daily contacts with caseload students.
- Monitor student behaviour through observations over time, making adjustments as needed and documenting observational data.
- Comply with school and ministry policies and procedures
- Provide progress reports on caseload students (3x per year). See example
Potential candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with certifications, if applicable, to firstname.lastname@example.org and download a Pastor Reference Form for their pastor to complete and submit directly to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.