Website ShareWord Global
Who We Are
Our roots stretch back to 1911, when we were founded in Canada as an evangelism and Scripture distribution ministry led by a national membership of volunteers. Over the decades our ministry has broadened to inviting women and men of all vocations to share the gospel with innovative new Scripture resources alongside local church partners. In 2015, ShareWord Global was launched to help expand the work in more regions within Canada and around the world.
ShareWord Global (SWG) is a ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: go! Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “go!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
What We Do
Through partnerships with local church and other like-minded ministries, we equip Christians of all nations with evangelism training and Scripture materials, so they can feel more empowered to share the gospel in their communities. We ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel as a community of believers. Because together, we can tell the world.
We ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel through training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word.
As Financial Controller, you will be managing the finances and accounting of the organization, and managing the Accounting and Warehouse team. The ideal candidate for this position thrives within structured processes and managing detail. You demonstrate our core values in all aspects of your work: Grace, Humility, Action, Courage. You’re a courageous, humble, flexible, positive, detail-oriented, servant leader who is dedicated to serving Christ in serving others and enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finances & accounting functions and will provide accurate and timely information for the organization, including analysis, budgeting, and financial reports. The Controller also maintains the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required, including recommending enhancements of operational and financial efficiencies.
- Term: Full time
- Location: Hybrid (Work from home 3 days + 2 days in office in Guelph, ON)
- Reporting to: VP Finance & Operations
- Manage the accounting operations including the creation and review of journal entries, payroll entries, inventory, capital assets, and online & offline reconciliations
- Manage the payroll function and administer employee benefits and pension plan
- Bank reconciliations and cash flow management & analysis
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies
- Research accounting trends & regulations in the industry, stay current with the latest information. Research and advise on International accounting functions alongside the VP
- Provide advice, guidance & recommendations on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, and new business endeavours within the Strategic Plan as they relate to finances and accounting
- Prepare, analyze and send monthly results for each department, and financial reports for our membership as required. Generation of reports of performance against budgets, including analysis and forecasting
- Work with the VP to formulate budgets and input same into the accounting software, analyzing & implementing the spread of the budget throughout the fiscal year by month
- Estate and Legacy management
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and with vendors, and excellent customer service + support.
- Collaborate positively and successfully with colleagues.
- Manage priorities in your team and work well independently.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Financial controller or manager experience, and a related accounting designation is preferable.
- Strong financial and accounting skills, knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols.
- Database software experience including customer relationship management (CRM) and accounting databases.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, payroll, pension, and the like
ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of ShareWord Global. We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.