The Coldest Night of the Year is a winterrific family-friendly 2 or 5 km fundraising walk, in support of local charities serving people experiencing hurt, hunger, and homelessness.
Each year in February, tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home to shine a light of welcome and compassion in their communities. Since 2011, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised over $96 million across Canada in 190 Canadian communities – 100 percent of net proceeds stay local to support the CNOY charity partners. Learn more about the CNOY history.
Together, collect donations that fund critical services at a local charity partner who serves and supports vulnerable families and individuals in our CNOY community.
- Walk through the cold and dark on February 24, 2024 to declare our concern for people
who have no home and take shelter in nooks and crannies.
- Walk for those whose days are a battle to house and feed their families and whose nights are filled with fear and frustration.
- Walk for those driven from home by violence and abuse.
- Walk for people overwhelmed by isolation, guilt, and despair.
- Walk humbly, realizing that anyone can lose their footing and then lose everything else.
Each step taken brings someone closer to safety, health and home, as together, we raise funds for organizations whose commitment and work transforms peoples’ lives.
CNOY Charity Partners
Our Coldest Night of the Year charity partners:
- Welcome people experiencing homelessness, providing respite from constant wandering, wondering, and watching one’s back.
- Nourish body and soul with food for all who need it and provided in a welcoming and dignified manner.
- Foster healing through counselling, mental health assistance and other connections.
- Support families at great risk of losing their housing, to prevent that downward descent.
- Provide safe shelter and support to women, children, and youth fleeing violence at home.
- Help people find pathways to permanent housing, employment, and futures.
How to Participate
Select one of two fun ways to participate in 2024:
- Main Event: All CNOY locations will host an organized, in-person main event – complete with 2km + 5km signed routes, rest stops, volunteers, and snacks at the end.
- Offsite Walk: All CNOY locations will welcome offsite fundraisers who self-organize either with friends or individually, walking any day in February on a route they choose.
Date: Saturday, February 24, 2024
- Where: Chances are there is a CNOY location quite near you! If not, you can still walk and fundraise for your local charity offsite in your own community, wherever you are.
- What: Participants register to walk 2km + 5km, whether at a main event, or offsite with their team.
- Who: Everyone is welcome! CNOY is family-friendly – participants range in age from toddlers (with parents of course) to active seniors.
- How: Participants register online to set up their personal Fundhub page. It’s easy to set your goal, add your photo message, and thank donors via email. Donors who give online are receipted within minutes of their secure gift of $20 or more.
- No Registration Fee: CNOY is 100 percent free to join! Everyone is welcome to come and fundraise for their local CNOY charity.
- Impact: By walking in the cold, you’ll feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness during winter. By fundraising, you’ll be contributing much-needed money to a charity in your town that is bringing hope and help to people in your community who need support.
Our thanks for a fundraising job well done!
When you go the extra mile and fundraise ($150 for adults, $75 for youth under 17 or under) we’ll celebrate your efforts with an oh-so-comfy 2024 CNOY Toque.Got questions about the Coldest Night of the Year?
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1.877.743.3413