MCC is a global, non-profit organization that strives to share God’s love and compassion through relief, development, and peacebuilding.
In all our programs, we are committed to relationships with our local partners and churches — their needs guide our priorities.
As an Anabaptist organization, we strive to make peace a part of everything we do. When responding to disasters, we work with local groups to distribute resources to minimize conflict. In our development work, we consult with communities to make sure the projects meet their needs. And we advocate for policies that will lead to a more peaceful world. Learn more about our vision, mission, and areas of focus.
Through local programs, MCC British Columbia (MCC BC) works to meet needs here at home. While also support MCC’s work in over 50 countries around the world by raising funds, mobilizing materials, and providing international workers. Today in BC, we are working towards long-term solutions in the following areas:
Welcoming and supporting refugees
- Refugee sponsorship – As newcomers arrive on our doorstep, they face incredible challenges. Through refugee sponsorship with MCC BC, you can support these families, giving them the tools they need to thrive as they rebuild their lives.
Pursuing restorative justice
- End Abuse – When the one you love abuses you, a part of you is lost. Through women’s support groups, men’s accountability groups, and public engagement and awareness, End Abuse aims to reduce abuse cases in our communities.
- Indigenous Neighbours – MCC’s Indigenous Neighbours program walks alongside churches and local Indigenous communities interested in starting down a path of reconciliation and restoration.
Reducing and alleviating poverty
- Homelessness Prevention and Outreach Program – Through our rent bank, weekly meals, and partnerships with other local community services, we walk alongside our homeless neighbours on a journey toward wholeness, creating an environment of inclusion and community.
- New Foundations in Victoria – Through community-based support groups, the New Foundations program enables newcomers to develop essential life skills for a fruitful future.
- Community Connections Program – This program focuses on engaging residents and community partners in healthy relationships to grow strong communities in Prince George, BC.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.